Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some assembly required


Bought a drawer unit from IKEA that I've been coveting for a while. It's large enough to hold a lot of my oversized artwork, but way cheaper than any art-specific furniture. This was the first piece of actual furniture I have ever bought from IKEA, so I had never experienced the joy of assembling your own furniture before. It wasn't difficult, except for some annoying screws. The pieces were pre-drilled with holes meant for specific hardware, but I swear they had too small of a diameter. It took forever to get the screws to grip into the wood, and nearly every attempt caused a blemish in the piece. Fortunately, all the errors were contained to the interior of the drawer unit, but still....kind of annoying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, IKEA is funny with assembling, I was horrible with my bookshelf because I hate using screwguns....they're scary...