Monday, February 4, 2008

Ups and Downs


I made this bacon and garlic chive stir-fry today. Unfortunately, the only bacon I had in the house happened to be Maple-flavored bacon. I've already been very disappointed with the maple bacon (it doesn't taste very good, the maple flavoring is far too powerful and very "fake") but as I bought it from Costco and had about a pound of it in the freezer I decided to risk it. I actually boiled the bacon first to try to remove some of the maple flavoring, but it didn't work and the stir-fry wasn't as good as it should be.


Then, I've been using up some old Jello boxes in the pantry and discovered that I had accidentally bought some sugar-free raspberry Jello. It may only have 5 calories a serving, but it isn't very tasty.



And, I finished
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I had a hard time with the nomenclature of the book (Ugly Town, littlies, New Pretties - although I do like Crumblies, hehe) and some of the science fiction at the beginning. But after getting into the book, I actually really enjoyed it. It's similar to the People of Sparks with its ideas of history and starting anew. And, like The City of Ember, it ended in basically a cliffhanger. Although, even more so in Uglies - I have to read the next in the series.

No comments: