Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hail Storm!


Austin had it's worst hail storm in a long time. Luckily the hail managed to shrink to the size of a golf ball by the time it hit the house and our cars. I managed to get some blankets on the hoods of the cars before the hail started, but I didn't have anything to weigh them down with and the wind blew them off. Once the hail started, however, the rain also started and helped to keep the blankets in place. I made the risky decision to place one more blanket on the hood of the car when the hail let up a bit. The car was covered, but my leg didn't fare so well. Just like getting hit with a paintball, though much larger. Over at Seth's work, the hail was softball-sized and busted the windshields of nearly every car in the parking lot. Thankfully we only got a few large dents in our cars. I'm even more thankful that I or the dog wasn't caught outside when the hail began. Ouch!

No comments: